6.5 Questions To Ask BEFORE Buying Trade Show Giveaways
When it comes to recommending the best trade show giveaways, we're good, but we're not psychic, nor equipped with crystal balls. We are best equipped to help your business if you know the answers to these questions.
And yeah, sometimes, we know the answer is, 'this is conference swag we want because we saw a competitor with it at a prior event.' Cool. But maybe we can '10X' that swag without spending '10X' the budget.
These tips and questions also apply when purchasing gifts for your remote team or finding the perfect customer thank you gift. When it comes to virtual event giveaways, these questions are just as important.
IT's NOT JUST BATTERY SIZE
Promotional power banks continue to be popular and for good reason. If you don't understand the tech, you can lose out on the '10X' factor.
One of our clients used power banks with built in connectors we recommended as a special booth giveaway. We recommended one with connectors to cover Team Apple and Team Android. The client told us a competitor had 'yesterday's mobile charger' with cables that only worked for older Android phones, not the newest models. We love hearing those stories and want you to hear them about your company swag, too!
DETAILS MATTER AND PACKAGING COUNTS
Custom reusable straws are definitely trending. But too many lose the eco-friendliness factor in the packaging. This reusable straw comes in a cotton bag ... how's that for a cohesive brand statement?
Custom logo earbuds are another swag choice where details matter. These custom earbuds have a standard audio jack that's fine for most devices. If you have a newer iPhone, you'll need a dongle to be able to use them.
These earbuds with logo have the newest Type C connector, Apple lightning and micro usb. No dongle needed for those with newer iPhones!
PROMOTIONAL UMBRELLAS ARE HAVING A MOMENT
Did promotional umbrellas ever really leave? Nope. But they're back in force with the inversion umbrellas flooding the market. We know. Bad pun.
If you've not used an inside out umbrella personally, you're in for a treat and not an unexpected shower as often happens with traditional umbrellas. They work!
We have to tell you, one of our customers has the winning story hands down. He purchased these inverted style umbrellas printed with the company logo for customer gifts. His employees discovered them first. And loved them. And didn't realize they were customer gifts. And took them home. Oops.
This inside out or inversion umbrella also folds for easy carrying: folding inversion umbrella
6.5 QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE BUYING TRADE SHOW GIVEAWAYS
- 1. Who is your company's target market?
- 2. Is there an event theme?
- 3. Where do you want the giveaways to be used? In the car? Office?
Will the swag need to get through TSA? In a home office?
- 4. How do you want people to feel when they receive the swag? Do you want them to laugh? To feel appreciated? To say, “What’s that?”
- 5. What do you want recipients to do after they receive the cool swag giveaways? Remember your brand? Place an order? Call your business for more info? Go to your website?
- 6. What is the budget? We know you have one. Team PROMOrx doesn't want to waste your time recommending an .89 giveaway pen when you are looking for an executive pen!
- 6.5. Will the company logo be legible on the item? Ask us first. Ask us before surfing the web and giving us a list. If we see your logo first, we will know or be able to get the graphics team involved.
With trade show and conference season in full swing, plan now for your company swag to be the event's home run -- virtual or in person!
Updated February 2021