7 Reasons Your Company Needs Unique Branded Merch
When your team is trying to decide on branded merchandise for your next conference or training giveaway, swag for new employee onboarding or for client gifts…what do you consider?
Do you think about what you would like? Typically, this is what most of our clients do. And that’s often the wrong approach. Unless your team IS the target market.
Also consider that how you live and work may not be how everyone else does. Example: I’m not a coffee drinker. Shock! You can buy me the coolest branded coffee mugs around. I’ll give them away or perhaps donate to a local women's shelter. I’m an anomaly. But coffee lovers will appreciate your branded merch. (and maybe even more if it’s not branded with your boring logo. There, I said it!).
I’m also a pen snob. If you give me a cheap pen, I’m likely to trash or donate. There are some unique, giveaway pens that are not overly expensive. The LePen is one that fits that category.
On the other side of the pen snob, is the category ‘I don’t care as long as it writes.” I made the mistake of sending expensive pens to top clients one year. Only the pen snobs loved it. The rest? I could have sent much less expensive pens and they would have been just fine. Pens are not their jam.
You need to get in the heart and soul of your clients, employees or prospects. You also need to realize that every piece of branded merch you buy is not going to be loved by 100% of those who receive it.
Keeping your swag fresh and rotated in and out of your marketing plans will give you a greater ability to have a larger number of the recipients raving. Plan by the quarter, or by the event -- giveaways for events? Do one giveaway 1st quarter and another 3rd quarter keeping your company at the front of everyone's mind.
If everyone in your business sector is giving away promotional pens, we say RUN. In the opposite direction. Don’t even consider a pen as a giveaway if you want to stand out from your competitors. Or if you insist on a branded pen, find something unique about the one you choose.
How do you buy unique branded merch? Couple of categories can set your swag apart: color, a cool logo or lack of one, swag with unique features, unique decoration methods.
And generally, price is an indicator. Cheap swag does not always equate with unique swag. Are there exceptions? Sure, like many things in life and business, look hard enough or from a different perspective and you’ll find it!
We love swag that has what we call ‘a higher perceived value.’ In other words, the price is truly a value because people will think you paid a lot more. No worries. PROMOrx will never blow your cover!
Why should your company go with unique branded merchandise? Top 7 reasons below:
- Increased brand visibility: Branded merchandise can help increase the visibility of your company and its products or services. When people use or wear your branded merchandise, they are essentially walking advertisements for your brand. This can be especially effective if you give out merchandise at events or to customers and the merch is unique.
- Improved brand recognition: Unique branded merchandise can help people better recognize and remember your brand. When people see your logo or other branded elements on a t-shirt, hat, or other item, they are more likely to associate it with your company. This can be especially helpful if you have a unique or memorable logo or design. Or perhaps, ditch the logo, go with your brand color(s) and add a clever quote or saying. That’s unique!
- Enhanced brand loyalty: By giving out branded merchandise, you can create a sense of loyalty among your customers and employees. When people feel like they are part of a community or a group, they are more likely to be loyal to your brand. This can help keep them coming back for more of your products or services. And if your branded merch is unique, that brand loyalty is only magnified.
- Improved employee morale: This category is way too often overlooked. Branded merchandise can be a great way to show your employees that you appreciate their hard work and contributions. When employees feel valued and supported, they are more likely to be motivated and engaged in their work. This can lead to increased productivity and a positive work culture. Unique swag, not the leftovers from your last marketing campaign, will underscore their value.
- Increased social media engagement: If you give out branded merchandise, people may be more likely to share photos of themselves using or wearing the items on social media. This can help increase the visibility of your brand and generate more engagement on social media platforms. Pics of unique swag are more likely to be shared is our bet!
- Enhanced professional image: Quality branded merchandise can help improve the overall image of your company. When people see that you have put time and effort into creating unique, high-quality merchandise, they may perceive your brand as more professional and trustworthy. Not going for a basic (but serviceable) umbrella and opting for the reversible umbrella option is a perfect example of unique branded merchandise.
- Greater marketing reach: Branded merchandise can be a cost-effective way to reach a wider audience and promote your brand. By giving out merchandise at events or as part of a marketing campaign, you can reach more people than you might be able to through traditional advertising methods. Great ROI!
We have a client who always, always orders one certain giveaway for tradeshows. The same thing for the past 10 years. When the item is used up, that’s it. It’s not refillable or reusable. There is not an item that is going to be around after the event as a reminder of their company.
We’ve tried to suggest options. No luck. Are we grateful for their business? Of course. But we also understand there’s a fine line between being known for a giveaway and being known for a boring giveaway. This is one example of saying if the client is happy, the PROMOrx team is also happy, although we disagree with their choice.
You now know why your company needs unique branded merch. Put that information to use in your upcoming marketing campaigns. And team up with a professional. Team PROMOrx is standing by to assist!